Sunday, September 28, 2014

Think Carefully before Applying for a Temporary U.S. Visa or Renewing a Temporary U.S. Visa and Marrying a U.S. Citizen

Most Non-Immigrant Visas (Temporary) is that the person applying for one has no intention staying in the U.S. and the person plans to return to their country when that person has completed their visit. U.S. Immigration (USCIS), Embassies and Customs all look for anything in your paper work that show that you may not leave the U.S. and return to your home country.


Things in your paper work that may show you may not leave the U.S. after your visit  are things like your age, how much money or property you have in your home country and family in your home country. If you have a wife or children living in the U.S. that would usually be enough proof for U.S. Immigration to deny your Temporary Visa Paper work.


You need to be aware of your current Visa Status (when it expires & when to get a new Visa) and how marrying a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card Holder will affect your Temporary Visa at the time of your marriage and in the future.


Please contact a licensed Immigration attorney before you act on your specific situation. Immigration Laws and Federal Regulations are constantly changing and the general information provided can change over time.

1 comment: