Saturday, September 15, 2012

How to stay in the U.S. and get a Green Card even though you entered the U.S. Illegally!

There are ways to stabilize your status and get a Green Card even though you entered the U.S. Illegally (EWI – Entered Without Inspection). If you entered around the year 2000/2001 or earlier and some immigration papers were filed, you may be able to apply for a Green Card depending on your situation.

You may also be able to apply if you or your family has experienced threats or violence in your Home Country. Some Countries have special rules that may make it possible for you to apply for a Green Card.

Unfortunately, there are also many people where there is no way under the current laws that they will ever be able to get a Green Card even if they marry a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. Citizen Children.
Please beware of unlicensed non-attorney document preparer’s because there have been too many clients who have come to my office in tears after paying a lot of money to get a Green Card from them but their promises turned out to be lies. Either the wrong papers were filed or it was never possible to get a Green Card to begin with.

Please contact a licensed Immigration attorney before you act on your specific situation. Immigration Laws and Federal Regulations are constantly changing and the general information provided can change over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment